Monday, December 17, 2007

A Good Big Brother

Clay is definitely getting acclimated. He insists on giving his brother a kiss when it's time for bed or naps. He seems to understand pretty well that he needs to be "gentle" around the "baby". I've also noticed that "Mommy" has become inseparable from "baby". He never mentions one without the other.

I'm sure it's been a huge help that I've been able to be at home during this transition. Not only for Lisa but for Clay as well. Brennan definitely gets Mommy, but Clay gets me. I get him up, feed him breakfast, play with him, give him lunch, put him down for a nap, get him back up, play with him, get him dinner, give him a bath, and put him to bed. Whenever possible, Lisa makes a point of spending time with Clay, but it's just tough with around-the-clock feedings to keep her occupied.

We're all dreading the new year, when I go back into the office full-time. Who knows how it's going to all work out, but I'm sure it will.

Also, thanks to all our wonderful friends who have been bringing us dinner for over a week now. We are VERY well fed and I know there are more meals to come. It is such a blessing to pull a home-cooked meal out of the fridge night after night and not need to worry about grocery shopping, cooking, etc. Thank you so much!

Finally, I've uploaded a bundle of photos this evening. As always, you can check them out at photos.scottboyer.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home